Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Neutrogena Naturals: Purifying Cream Cleanser Review

  Hey there! I recently purchased a new facial cleanser because my usual Simple brand one was sold out at CVS. I ended up just grabbing the Neutrogena Naturals Purifying Cream Cleaner. PLEASE DO NOT BUY THIS! I thought it would be a similar product to my usual but I was very mistaken. I usually do a little research before buying any new beauty products but this time I did not. Thinking that the word "Natural" being in the name I could not go wrong. Well, I was very wrong. After washing my face with this product my face was extremely red and hot to the touch like a sunburn. I wish I had taken pictures to show. Luckily I did not rub any of this near my eye area or I would have been in deep trouble. After seeing what I looked like I quickly went online to read some reviews. I came to find out that many people had the same reaction that I did. This was very concerning to me. How could this product not be recalled? A lot of people said that not only did their face get red but also very dry to the point that it began to peel the following day! I immediately put a ton of moisturizer on my face to prevent that from happening. Also a lot of people said that a few days after using this product they got a huge rash and broke out really bad. I am assuming the break outs are from the skin over compensating it's oil production from the over drying. There were even reviews of people saying they had such a reaction that they had to go to the ER. I have definitely learned my lesson that natural ingredients does not mean gentle.



Here is a list of these so called "Naturally sourced Ingredients"
                                                           

 Ingredient                                        Source
Water                                      Purified Water
cetyl alcohol                          coconut & palm
glycerin                             soybean/coconut/palm
sucrose cocoate                       coconut & palm
hydroxypropyl starch phosphate    corn
coco-glucoside                            vegetable
citric acid                                         *
potassium cetyl phosphate      coconut & palm
hydrogenated palm glycerides       palm
xanthan gum                         fermented plant matter
sodium benzoate                               *
fragrance                                           *
salicylic acid                             winter green
menthol                                        plant
salix alba (willow) bark extract  white willow bark
sodium phytate                           rice

* = "an essential ingredient for effectiveness of the product"


The tube even says that this product is hypoallergenic and will leave your skin soft but I did not find this to be the case at all. I believe that the irritant in this product is either the fragrance or the willow bark extract because it can be harsh and I know I have never used a product with that in it before. Although I had a very negative experience with this product there are people who do enjoy this product. It is either people love it or hate it. I would in general just stay clear of this product. Also keep in mind that Natural does not always mean safe or gentle.

I hope you have a great day loves!& ALWAYS DO YOUR RESEARCH

XO
Kelley

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the warning Kelley!

    It's frustration that the word Natural can be used with a list of ingredients that so hard to pronounce.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! Someone said to me "natural doesn't always mean safe because even cocaine is natural"

      Delete